Monday, November 8, 2010

Embrace the Sunshine

Ever since I was a baby, I've been called Sunshine.  I guess my blonde hair made it a given nickname.  My mom would sing to me "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are gray."  As far back as I can remember, that song has been a part of my life, and it still is.  Even though my hair eventually got darker and I began to look less and less like a "sunshine," I made it my goal to act sun-shiny, even if that meant just smiling at someone in the grocery store.  Who knows, that smile might be the only kindness that person receives for the rest of the day.
Everyone has a choice whether to shy away from the light, or to embrace the sunshine and share it with others.  The sun spreads its warmth, and that's what I make it my job to do:  spread the warmth of Christ that is in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. That is soooooo beautiful!!!!! I love your blog! Keep on shining precious child!!!!

    ReplyDelete